Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chocolate

I've noticed something very sad lately.

I remember when a good, smooth Swiss milk chocolate tasted sooo good. Or the yummy taste of a Snickers bar (I do like the taste of a Snickers).

Since the advent of all my food issues, I've had to eliminate first milk chocolate (dairy), then most other chocolates (soy). About the only chocolate I can eat now is Enjoy Life chocolate chips, which taste decent, but aren't as good as what I remember Swiss milk chocolate tasting.

I do still occasionally crave good chocolate and sneak a piece, but it never tastes as good as I remember it used to taste. And I get a massive stomach ache. It's very sad. I liked chocolate.

But it does help me resist the urge to do it again. Why eat something that doesn't taste good and makes me sick?

So I'm curious. Has the taste of chocolate changed because I know I shouldn't be eating it, or because my tastes have changed as my refined sugar intake has drastically decreased? Or is it both? Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment